Going Through Quarantine Alone



I know that we've all seen a huge amount of quarantine content and this is just me adding to the conversation that so many have already begun. I see the rhetoric around the quarantine being that people should be so productive and start every business endeavor or project that they want to and others saying that we are in the middle of  global pandemic you don't have to be productive if you don't want to be. As someone who is going through this pandemic alone it is so easy to be swayed by these ideas, I am constantly torn between feeling like i'm not doing nearly enough to be successful and reassuring myself that I am just being too hard on myself and it's okay to rest a little. 

One thing that I think is important to do during this time period is to center yourself which can be hard but it is so important to know yourself. If following your favorite influencer right not is not helping with your self image then maybe it would be best to unfollow them for a while and in that time get to know yourself. Set goals at your own pace, don't over exert yourself but also don't allow yourself to be unproductive try to find your  balance.  

The most important thing to remember is that if you are going through quarantine alone this is a great time to get to understand yourself and really get in touch with who you are now that outside distractions aren't as loud. A show that I watched recently had a character say that at their lowest and most sad points in their life the person that was always there for them was their self. Through every negative thought, terrible memory and hard time you have always been there for yourself. For me this was a gentle reminder that through my ugliest day I have been there for myself and picked me up when no one else would. So I owe myself some understanding, gratitude, and appreciation. So I intend to use this time well and learn to embrace myself and I think you should too. 
I'm proud of who I am
No more monsters, I can breathe again
-Kesha

Comments

Popular Posts